A beautiful and confident smile may be just a few treatments away, using Invisalign brand clear braces to straighten your teeth!
Misaligned or crooked teeth can affect your confidence and cause you to smile less.
Fortunately, at Legacy Dental, we offer many types of corrective and cosmetic orthodontic solutions that will leave you with beautifully straight teeth and the confidence to smile more!
What Are Invisalign Braces?
Invisalign is a brand of clear braces that straighten your teeth using a custom-made series of aligner trays (also known as “aligners”) created specifically for you.
The aligners are virtually an “invisible” way to straighten your teeth, without the need for wires or brackets.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and clear plastic that you wear over your teeth. By wearing the aligners daily, your teeth gradually and gently shift into place, based on the exact movements your Legacy Dental dentist plans for you, using special software and virtual imaging.
There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You will achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life.
The best part about the whole process is that most people will not even know you are straightening your teeth!
What Is the Invisalign Treatment Process?
The Invisalign treatment process consists of approximately five steps:
- Initial Consult. Call to schedule your initial consultation with a Legacy Dental dentist in our Post Falls, ID office. During the consultation, we will discuss your case in detail and determine if Invisalign is right for you.
- Customized Treatment Plan. Your dentist creates a customized treatment plan for you, based on a series of x-rays, pictures and impressions of your teeth combined with special technology and virtual imaging.
- Custom Aligners Created. Based on your individual treatment plan, custom aligners are created specifically for you. You wear the aligners 20-22 hours a day (including overnight), removing them only to brush your teeth, floss or eat.
- Change Aligners Every Two Weeks. Each set of aligners is worn for approximately 2 weeks before changing to the next set. Each set advances your teeth to the next stage of correction. During treatment, we will have you come to the Post Falls office about once every six weeks to see how things are going.
- Reveal Your New Smile! As each aligner is changed, you see your teeth moving closer to the desired position. Most treatment plans last from 6 months to 1 year before reaching the treatment goal. Once finished, your smile looks beautiful and your teeth are straight!
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Invisalign candidacy is generally based on a few things including the severity your case, your age and your level of commitment.
Invisalign is a great treatment option for many people – from mild cases of crooked, gapped or protruding teeth, to more difficult dental problems involving serious malocclusion, crossbite, overbite or underbite. However, if your case is very severe, additional orthodontic treatments or appliances may be required.
Invisalign is great for adults and older teenagers, but not the ideal option for younger children, whose teeth are still growing. Additionally, as with any orthodontic procedure, commitment is critical. In order for Invisalign to work properly, you must wear your aligners every day, for 20-22 hours a day and continue to wear a retainer at night after your treatment has finished – or else your teeth can shift back to their original location.
Why Should I Get My Invisalign Braces at Legacy Dental in Post Falls, ID?
Dr. Whitney Frank is a Premier Invisalign Doctor, which means she has received very specific Invisalign-led training and has achieved a significant level of experience in treating Invisalign patients. Having this prestigious designation means Dr. Frank can accurately evaluate your needs and determine how Invisalign can best help your specific situation.
We also offer a convenient in-office payment plan, as well as Care Credit, keeping your treatment options affordable and manageable.
Do you want to improve your smile? Call our Post Falls office today at (208) 773-1559 to learn more about Invisalign braces or to schedule an initial consultation to see if Invisalign is right for you!